lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RE: Why the tcp_pcb haven't been free when I calltcp_cl

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RE: Why the tcp_pcb haven't been free when I calltcp_close()
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:20:31 +0000

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 23:13 +0800, geckook Xu wrote:
> When I call tcp_close(),the program will send FIN,

At which point the connection will (or at least should) move from
ESTABLISHED to FIN_WAIT1.

> and then the
> receiver will reply FIN

At which point we'll go through FIN_WAIT2 to TIME_WAIT.

> But the tcp_pcb haven't been free after this operation.

It will have to wait to timeout from TIME_WAIT before it is freed.

However, you said in an earlier post that the connection was still in
the ESTABLISHED TCP state.  If that is the case I don't know what is
going on.

Kieran