lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Observations about lwIP on a Xilinx Virtex 4
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:26:44 +0000

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 08:19 -0700, Roger W. Cover wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am receiving TCP/IP packets when the slow response occurs. The number of
> transactions per second seems to matter. If I send a fast burst of packets
> it is much more likely to be a problem. I have attached my lwipopts.h file
> in case any insight can be gained from it.

Hmm, I wonder if it's run out of packet buffers or something like that
after sending the fast burst, and blocks waiting till some comes
available for reuse.  I'm not sure what would free one up to prevent it
blocking indefinitely though.  Perhaps the application doing a read?

Your lwipopts looks OK - it's definitely configured more for low memory
usage than for performance, but that shouldn't affect this directly.

Kieran