lwip-users

AW: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel

From: Marcel M.
Subject: AW: [lwip-users] using differnet protocols parallel
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:01:12 +0100

> > Which lwIP files must be ported for the STR912 system? For the STR912 i
> have
> > got a complete ethernet library from ST.
> >

> Library? What kind of a library? I don't think it's a complete stack.

It's just a hardware library for the included ethernet controller (init,
send,...) and no TCP/IP Stack. Are there a documentation for lwIP, which
shows the needed modifications to port the lwIP-Stack to other hardware
systems? Or a list of files which must be modify?

> FreeRTOS supplies sys_arch functions for threading support.(I
> think this is the recommended way in lwIP) If you go for ST you have to
> implement your own sys_arch functions.

There is a ported freertos for the STR912. So i don't need to implement own
sys_arch functions, or? I "just" have to port the lwIP-Stack ethernet
Interface for the STR9. Because the sys_arch functions, which lwIP use, are
freertos functions(when i use the ARM7 freertos/lwIP example on
www.freertos.org).
So i combine the STR9 freertos with the lwIP/freertos-port (with adapted
hardware ethernet interface)?! Or is that a completely wrong way?

Regards
Marcel