lwip-users

[lwip-users] Hi everyone, need help on setting web server for Spartan 3E

From: Jian Rong @ Makoto
Subject: [lwip-users] Hi everyone, need help on setting web server for Spartan 3E Starter Kit
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 05:08:01 -0800 (PST)

Dear everyone,

         I am currently using the Xilinx Spartan 3E Starter Kit ( equipped with Spartan 3E500 processor) to set up a web server based on the Application Design Example ( that uses Spartan 3E1600). I have actually changed the System UCF(User Constraints File) and also the System Hardware (.MHS file) according to Spartan 3E Starter Kit user guide, I could run the example so far until I could enter the IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway. I also change the PC IP address so that it is in the same subnet as the Web Server ( the Spartan Kit). Then, the settting up of Server Netif and also the Sockets seems to be successful, and it shows the message " HTTP server receiving incoming connection on port 80". But when I tried to ping the webserver IP address, or tried to surf at the Internet browser by typing " http://xx.xx.xx.xx. (IP address of webserver), it fail to respond. I found out that the cable connecting the PC and webserver (Starter Kit) has the LED at the RJ45 unlit--- which means my desktop could not detect a connection. I have downloaded the Files (index.html, 404.html, etc) into the StarterKit's file system (DDR memory).

        I have tried to run the memory test (C application generated by EDK) and peripheral test (C application), and for the memory test , the result output from the Hyperterminal seems to be ok for 32-bit, 16-bit and 8-bit. But for the peripheral test: It tested "PASSED" as a result for :

         The DIP switch, LED, RS232, and also it can run Polled mode Ethernet (non-interrupt), but when it comes to Ethernet Interrupt-Driven and also timer (which also has interrrupt), it jammed at the processing..... and it neither do show the "FAILURE" message.

I dont know what is the problem.

And also, when I tried to connect to a Laptop the Ethernet cable did lights up (the LED at the RJ45) and the Laptop can detect a connection ( Showing " Local Area Connection connected at 100Mps") even when I have not dowloaded the software files into the board. But when I connect to the Desktop that I have been using all this while, it didn't detect a connection (Still shows " Local Area Network cable unplugged" ).

I am not sure , could it be the driver of my Network Card? Does it means that my network card could not support the connection?

Please enlighten me . Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,
Jian Rong @ Makoto
http://www.amtfpureland.com.cn/
http://buddha.goodweb.cn/music/music1.htm