lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Desired - reference netconn_write() to external mem

From: Çağlar AKYÜZ
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Desired - reference netconn_write() to external memory
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:56:42 +0300

Tom Hennen yazmış:
You may not have enough memory for the receive window you've specified.
TCP_WND doesn't actually allocate any memory by itself, you'll need to make sure you have enough memory in the pbuf pool or on the heap (if you can allocate incoming packets from the heap) to accommodate the promise made by TCP_WND.
This explains why I can't improve performance just adjusting TCP_WND. Since I'm trying to optimize for throughput rather than latency, I'm minimizing the number of pbuf's in the pool and maximizing the each one's memory space. From your words, I see that I should review this strategy and take TCP_WND into account.

Thanks for the help
Çağlar