lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Compiler warnings

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Compiler warnings
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:11:22 +0200

Simon wrote:
>I was just wandering if anybody has looked into ANSI-compatibility for
>the last year...

Not to great lengths, I know this can be improved, same old story:
very little time for that. Fixing big holes in the road has top prio,
solving cold cases and ANSI compat is a bit low prio.

> Kieran, who seems to be pretty active there

Yes, he's doing a great job!

>But has anybody ever
>cared to do something about it?

Really, I do care, and I'm prepared to put in a
little of my time improving this.

> I get so many warnings when compiling
>lwIP that I took the effort changing most of them.

I get rather few warnings on the Unix (1,2?)
and c16x (0) ports, but I've never tried the lwip nios port.
We do have this floating around at Axon, so maybe I can
give it a try. (or at least the toolchain )

I try to minimize warnings to zero if possible,
if only to keep complaints to a minimum.

>Though in some cases (mainly pointer arithmetic -> alignment), a fast
>fix is not possible, most warnings are cast issues which could easily be
>fixed.

>Anyone else but me cares about that? Hope so...

Yes, if you can't create a clean diff for us (against our tree),
then please post your snippets to the savannah bugtracker.

I'll sweep these small fixes before releasing.
(Same thing for the pbuf locking issue)

Tnx for the input.

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv
The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Axon Digital Design Group is neither liable for the proper nor for the complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Axon Digital Design Group does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited. In that case please return the communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies. In carrying out its engagements, Axon Digital Design Group applies general terms and conditions, which contain a clause that limits its liability. A copy of these terms and conditions is available on request free of charge.