lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Handling sudden disappearance of network i/f

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Handling sudden disappearance of network i/f
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:59:35 +0100

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 16:45 +0200, Janusz U. wrote:
> I added
>   pxSRVconn = netconn_new(NETCONN_TCP);          // init conn
>   if (pxSRVconn != NULL)
>    if (pxSRVconn->pcb.tcp != NULL)
>     pxSRVconn->pcb.tcp->so_options |= SO_KEEPALIVE;      // turn on
> keep-alive
>
> and not keep-alive is working.

How are you testing it?

> But I don't understand why when I close
> socket on my windows serwer the lwIP does not notify that. Only when I close
> my serwer the lwIP close too (RST state?).

I'm not sure about this bit.  What do you expect lwIP to do when your
server closes the connection?  How does lwIP's behaviour differ from
other stacks?  The connection will not be closed until your application
also closes it - the server closing does not mean the client can't still
use the connection.

Kieran