lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Slow response times in Microblaze Webserver example

From: Pisano, Edward A
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Slow response times in Microblaze Webserver example
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:29:30 -0500

Hi John,
I had seen similar slow response with the WebServer example.  It turned
out to be the debug output messages.  The RS-232 output has a
significant slowing effect on lwIP.  In my case, ping replies were
taking 1700ms to 3400ms on  the Spartan 3E.  I turned off LWIP_DEBUG and
commented out my own xil_print() statements.  Ping replies quickly
dropped to 17ms-25ms.

Regards,
Ed