lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx PowerPC receive udp messages

From: Pedro Alves
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx PowerPC receive udp messages
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:02:14 +0100

Peter Kampmann wrote:

Pedro Alves-6 wrote:

A few ideas:

1)

You wrapped this? :
> XIntc_RegisterHandler(XPAR_OPB_INTC_0_BASEADDR,
>                        XPAR_OPB_INTC_0_ETHERNET_MAC_IP2INTC_IRPT_INTR,
>                        (XInterruptHandler)XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo,
>                         xemacif_ptr->instance_ptr);

or the declaration of XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo?

I wrapped the file that includes the above call XIntc_RegisterHandler(..)
but that did not help.
All files in lwip and the xilinx emac seem to have the
#ifdef __cplusplus
 extern "C" { ...

around their headers.

Pedro Alves-6 wrote:

You need to wrap XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo.

No idea what the function looks like, but probably like this?
extern "C" void XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo(void*);

2)
Is the function really defined?
Try checking with the map file, if you have one,
or with something equivalent of nm or objdump.

The function is defined, when I use Ctrl+clicking onto XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo
the Platform Studio SDK points me to the function, which is located in
xemac.c. But the linker does not find it ...

I have no idea what this file is, I never developed with Xilinx stuff.
There are probably others that can give you move advice, but:

- Could it be the other way around? That is, XEmac_IntrHandlerFifo has
c++ mangled signature, so you shouldn't extern "C" it?
- Is that file (xemac.c) part of some lib you need to reference in your
project somewhere?
- If not, is that file being compiled/linked?

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Pedro Alves

P.S.:
How did you know I come from a royal line and my real last name
is "Alves 6th" :)