lwip-users

Re: Re[2]: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [lwip-users] minimal echo running in cygwin
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:43:13 +0200

Hi Evgeny,

> >>Has anyone been able to get the minimal application (i.e. echo
> server) to run under cygwin?  I can successfully compile it, but it
> fails because it cannot find the tap interface.  I found only a
> >>few archive messages about cygwin, but nothing specific about
> running echop.

Cygwin uses the Windows networking facilities,
so there is no such thing as a unix tapif with Cygwin.

Note for the minimal example in the Unix port,
you need a Unix system to run it, sorry can't help you there.

Besides we may need to turn the msvc port into a proper win32 port,
supporting both msvc and cygwin. Any volunteers for this?
(preferably someone with good knowledge of both msvc and gcc/cygwin)

Maybe you can use the winpcap as you mentioned,
since you can include and use Windows DLLs with Cygwin.

Note I recently made some changes to the 'minimal'
application to improve the timer execution.

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv