lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTP server - loading files

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTP server - loading files
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:07:28 +0200

Hi Jonas,

> Server worked without problem, though one difficulty has appered:
> I need some program to turn my webpages into c-files or something, to put
> them in program memory.

Does your system support a file system or simulation of an fs?
(replacements for fd = open() read(fd) write(fd), close(fd) etc)

If not than you could consider using GIMP for turning GIFs or PNGs
into either uncompressed or RLE encoded arrays in C-source.
Your HTML could be stored as plain C string.

> I'm assuming that is the prefered web server to use. Does someone have
> another suggestion? Maybe one that comes with a program to download
files?

When you choose to use a proper filesystem
you'll probably want to use e.g. a tftp server.
Sorry there is no such thing in our source tree (yet).

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv