lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP -> Microblaze

From: Lachlan Grogan
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP -> Microblaze
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:52:15 +1000

Hey All,

Im running lwip on a Microblaze Embedded CPU, using Xilinx EDK 8.1.02.  Using lwip in socket_api mode.

I've implemented a version of the "Web Server" example and have run into a speed issue:

1.  When I call accept(...) the function returns within a few microseconds after receiving a packet.  However when I launch a thread and then call read(...) to read the contents of a packet this operation can take up to 5 seconds..

So i've decided to update the version (unknown) of lwip provided supplied with edk to the latest 1.1.1 release, before trying to find problems with the latency in the read(...) function.

All seems good, but the Xilinx V2Pro Contrib fails in (xemacif.c), with various errors::
contrib/ports/v2pro/netif/xemacif.c: 646 error: void value not ignored as it ought to be.

I believe this is due to the various changes to 1.1.1, and can't for the life of me fix it.

Q:  Can anyone point me to an updated version of xemacif.c that would correct these problems. ?

Q:  Has anyone experienced similar latency problems in the read(...) function.?

Many Thanks
Lachlan