lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:44:32 +0100

Gael wrote:

> Find attached a patch (I think you're familiar with this kind of
> format), based on the previous development done by Steve Reynolds,
> and fully integrated (I hope in the spirit of LWIP ...) to support
> raw multicast (send and receive) and IGMP V1&V2 client node features.

Nice.

> I made the development against the version 1.1.0 of the LWIP stack
> which is provided by Altera (www.altera.com) within its NIOS II /
> uCOSII environment. I hope it will be easy for you to merge theses
> modifications in your CVS development tree, if you're interested in ...
;-)

Not so nice, Altera modifies the lwip sources instead
of providing a pristine source. It would be very
helpfull if Altera changed from a private branch to
using the mainstream lwIP plus a contrib module.
This would be beneficial for their customers/users
and the lwIP developers.

Merging this might not be so trivial, I'll have to check this.
First I need to apply the patch to the Altera source,
and evaluate, merge _your_ changes into the HEAD.

I'll give it a try, and evaluate things first.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design