lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP transmission problem (raw API callback function)

From: Bessone Danilo
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP transmission problem (raw API callback function)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:18:39 +0100

Hello,

I have observed that the callback function(raw API interface)specified by tcp_sent()is erroneously called when a TCP packet is received with the ACK flag set and the ackno value (TCP header) does not acknowledges new data and differs from pcb->lastack. In this case pcb->acked is not cleared as expected by the tcp_receive() function and the callback function is erroneously called from the tcp_process() function if the "old, not updated" pcb->acked value differs from zero. As conseguence the application program computes a total number of acknowledged bytes that is greater than the total number of transmitted data bytes.

I have found that if the code "pcb->acked = 0" is inserted at the beginning of the tcp_receive() function this problem disappears.

Regards

Danilo Bessone

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to
address@hidden.
        Thank you

www.telecomitalia.it