lwip-users

[lwip-users] Doubts

From: Ashutosh Srivastava
Subject: [lwip-users] Doubts
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:57:28 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to integrated LWIP to our system to playback MP3 data from internet radio. I am
facing some problems in the same.

1. The ethernet chip I am using is LAN91C111. After receiving data for some time, my debug
    counter for RX overrun interrupt in LAN ISR starts incrementing and after a count of 15/16, it
    stops receiving data. Pinging from PC, sends more overrun interrupts. I even tried with a small
    receive window of 2048 and MSS of 128 but no improvement.

    My question, is how to recover from this overrun? Has anybody encountered this problem?

2. Function do_close (), calls tcp_close which in turn sends FIN packet and sends back the NULL
    message to indicate success. But shoudn't the function wait for the FIN ack from the other side?

3. In function netconn_recv (), the thread waits on the first message from the recv mbox and sends
    the ACK for the same.

    Now, if there is more data in the queue waiting to be read by the application, shouldn't this function
    go ahead and read those data message too or perhaps till the application passed buffer size allows?
    This will send the ACK only once for all the data read and not for every packet received. Am I correct
    here or there is a specfic reason for doing this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ashutosh