lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ip_input

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ip_input
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:10:48 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 17:51 +0200, Pepe Prisas wrote:

> Is there any way of registering callback functions on IP level? How can
> I modify ip_input function so that the changes can apply on my project?
> Any advice?

Does the raw Ethernet packet socket API help you? It should allow you to
receive any packets (not just IP). I am unfamiliar with it though, but
look for it in the src/core/ directory.

Another idea: pbuf_ref() any incoming IP packet and pass it to the lwIP
stack, but also pass it to your packet logger/analyzer (and pbuf_free it
there after use).

> Sorry if I haven't explained myself correctly but English isn't my first
> language.

It was well written, I just hope I took enough time to really see what
you try to accomplish.

Good luck,

Leon.