lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP

From: Bill Lawson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:30:38 -0400

Tim:
I just wanted to let you know that your hunch was correct. It took me a little while to track down the system thread that was doing it, but I found it eventually and changed it so it was created with sys_thread_new().

Now I can send a discover message, I get and offer back, I send a request, and I get an ack, but then I make another request again, get an ack back, make a request.. ad infinitum... So I've still got a bit of work left before everything works right. I'm getting there though.

--Bill

I'm unfamiliar with that particular port, but my best guess is that you're
calling an lwIP function from the context of a thread created directly by
the underlying RTOS rather than one created by sys_thread_new(). The
semaphore and mailbox functions, as well as sys_timeout(), are picky about
this.

Tim