lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_connect: order of events

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_connect: order of events
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:22:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Tom C. Barker wrote:
     TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED(pcb, ERR_OK, err);
     tcp_ack(pcb);

Can I reverse this order so to have

     tcp_ack(pcb);
     TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED(pcb, ERR_OK, err);

or will this cause a problem with the stack?

I don't think it will cause a problem, but I'm curious that this could ever make a difference. What is the problem that you see?

Any data packets that get sent before the ACK will perform the function of the ACK - they have the ACK field in the TCP header set - and so the order should not matter.

Have you tried it the other way round and seen any difference?

Thanks

Kieran