lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_patch

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] dhcp_patch
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:43:51 +0100

Andreas,

thanks for this work.

I will take this patch upon me, I may need to read through the RFC's, but in general, a quick view of the intention of the patch looks good.

Andreas Becker wrote:
I changed a little bit in the DHCP-Client:

If everything is allright, will somebody add this to CVS?

Sure, allow me a week or so.

A few questions: could we merge dhcp_start() and dhcp_restart(), my
first impression is there is lot of copied code.

Do we need to alter the callback function after dhcp_start()? I would
simply pass the callback to dhcp_start() in the first place to keep
things simple and small.

In the meantime, if you still have the ability to generate context
based patches ("diff -Nur" style), I would prefer that.

Regards,

Leon.