lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IP reassembly

From: Ed Sutter
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IP reassembly
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:41:17 -0500

Yea, I have to think about that.  I used this uC/OS-LWIP combination on
a project in the past and quickly moved it over to a new project because
of the success I had with it on the first one.  This new project is quite
different, so it may not be applicable.  The hardware it's on could
support linux (i.e. plenty of memory/horsepower), but I don't need to
go that far, maybe RTEMS/BSD...
Thanks

If all you need to do is tune the max re-assembly size, and if you can afford the memory, you should be fine. If you need to reassemble multiple packets simultaneously, you'll have to do some redesign work. Before you do that, you might want to look back at your networked system as a whole. Reassembly is a pretty heavy burden for a "lightweight" system to bear. Could you possibly manage the MTUs/MSSs so as to avoid the problem?

Ed Sutter wrote:

One more question...
It appears that LWIP can handle a maximum of one packet
reassembly at a time, is this true?
Ed