lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] (no subject)

From: christiaan . simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:15:59 +0100

address@hidden wrote on 17-12-2004
12:35:53:

> Now the compliler gives at least some warnings:

These are typically caused by missing U suffixes
after some defined constants. This is a Tasking annoyance.

> By "investigating" the behaviour of the iteration (complete sourcecode
> listed below)
> I found out by printing some information in order to find out which
> statements are executed (received with hyper terminal) that the command
>
> p->next = (struct pbuf *)((u8_t *)p + PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE + sizeof(struct
> pbuf));
>
> isn`t executed once.

Already suspected this. I think the loop writes outside the pool memory.

> If I`m trying to get some information about p_next (printf("p->next:
> %x\n",p->next);) the programme also stops.

Try to compare the base address of the pool memory
agianst the p pointers. Use the %p formatter for this.
c166 pointers have two parts: a segment number and offset.

The only thing that differs are the makefiles I guess.
Also try to upgrade to 7.5r6 if possible. We had some
headaches with earlier versions, though this one isn't
bug-free either.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons

Software Engineer