lwip-users

[lwip-users] Why use of globals in tcp_in.c

From: Scott Taggart
Subject: [lwip-users] Why use of globals in tcp_in.c
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:34:04 -0800

Hi, my first post, so please forgive stupid questions, etc.

I am running lwip 1.0 in a multi-threaded enviroment and see that there are lots of globals being used in tcp_in.c.  I don't see how this can work.  I see nothing to prevent my receive task from calling ip_input() and, hence, tcp_input() reentrantly.  Please tell me what I am missing.  Am I supposed to make all calls to ip_input() atomic across receives?  If so, are there other not-so-obvious things I need to be doing atomically?

Thanks,

Scott