lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP port to 32bit target (and its problems ...)

From: Bonny Gijzen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP port to 32bit target (and its problems ...)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:59:22 +0200

Hi Leon,

> could you please indicate why you needed to make those changes. In other
> words, where was our code incorrect or making the wrong assumptions?

The code simply assumes that a 16/32bit access is possible at any address.
But a lot of 16/32bit targets cannot do that on odd (read: non-aligned)
addresses.

My target doesn't raise an exception but merely shifts the address to an
aligned one.
(Effectively using a wrong address)

So for example the checksum routine, I changed it to use byte access, which
I *can* do on any address. (I did see a 16bit version wich was modified to
start on odd addresses aswell later on though ...)

> Also, did you enable ETHARP_QUEUEING in lwipopts.h ?

I cannot seem to find that define anywhere in the lwIP sources (1.0.0) ?!

> I have one unsolved bug report (on the list) which makes the current
> queueing code suspicious.
> Please disable that and see if the problem persists.

Maybe the define is named differently?

Rgs Bonny,