lwip-users

[lwip-users] almost there.... need some assistance with callbacks... etc

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] almost there.... need some assistance with callbacks... etc..
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:16:05 -0400

How should the lwip dhcp timers and arp timer as well as others be
initialized?

I understand from earlier postings that they cannot be called from different
threads. So how is that done then? I cant suspend the tcpip thread for an
OSTimeDelay() amount of time.... So any help there would be great.

Also, as far as Ethernet drivers go, when an interrupt occurs, the ISR
should disable interrupts, post a semaphore and exit right? - the work
should be done in a separate task?

So should I create a separate task in the OS that simply has a while loop to
service the cs8900 interrupt service queue (ISQ) but pends for the semaphore
before doing it, and when the interrupt occurs, wakes up due to the posted
semaphore?

Does that make any concurrency problems, since its yet another thread?

Thanks.

--eric shufro