lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Basics LWIP, PPP and GPRS

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Basics LWIP, PPP and GPRS
Date: 28 Jul 2004 18:08:57 +0100

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 10:44, Lasse Madsen wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Just a couple of simple questions
>
> 1.
> Does LwIP include PPP code

Yes (technically part of "contrib" I think, rather than the core lwIP).

> 2.
> How many simultanious sockets can be opened with LwIP ?

Depends on how much memory and CPU you have.  lwIP does not impose any
limit itself.

> does both TCP and UDP work ?

Yes.

> 3.
> Has anyone tried implenting LwIP to an Atmel AVR and maybe has some
> example code for PPP/TCPIP?

Don't know.

> 4.
> Im about to design some new hardware for a board using a GPRS modem i
> have onboard on my Philips ARM 128KB flash and about 16KB SRAM
> I was thinking of adding alot more SRAM what is recommended if i would
> want some sockets etc. ? (read: what do you guys run LwIP on?)

Don't know.

> 5.
> Does LwIP include HTTP services ?

No.

> 6.
> Does LwIP support both Listening and "Server" sockets ?

I'm not sure what the difference is, but it does support listening
sockets.

> Sorry for the "newbie" questions around LwIP but I think its such a
> great consept you are basing it on (GPL)

It's not GPL, it's BSD licenced.

Hope that helps - where I say "yes" above, if it doesn't do it, it
should, and it is a bug!

Kieran