lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS

From: VANSTAEN Laurent RD-MAPS-GRE
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:59:57 +0200

Hi,
   I'm resending a mail exchange started with Michael Broughton, to continue it here if someone is interested.

To Michael, first thanks for your help !

The call to function alloc for ppp->session and ppp->statemachine are there to manage the memory on our OS (it's a home made OS).

I have modified a lot of lwip to use it with our own protocol stack, and I do not use the TCP part, so I think I do not have to call tcpip_init().

For the FSM routines, for example fsm_init : it is only called in lcp_init() and ipcp_init(), do I have to call one of these routine myself ?

Michael's answer :
A couple of things jump out at me:

I don't understand what you are doing with ppp->session and ppp->statemachine.

You forgot to call tcpip_init. This init is quite important to PPP.

You aren't supposed to call any of the FSM routines yourself. I'm not sure why you would want to.

It looks as if you've tried to open PPP before dialing up your GPRS modem? I don't think that will work.

One last thing, I think it would be better if you could keep the LWIP discussions on the mailing list. Thanks.

My initial message to Michael :