lwip-users

[lwip-users] raw api question

From: Tim Newsham
Subject: [lwip-users] raw api question
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 23:31:48 -1000 (HST)

Some questions about the raw api:

- When doing a tcp close, when is it safe to destroy my state on
  the pcb?  It seems like some callbacks can get called after
  a tcp_close is done (ie. the tcp_sent callback seems to be
  called at times, to acknowledge the FIN?).  I need to know
  under what conditions I can destroy my state immediately
  after a tcp_close and under what conditions the state must
  be maintained until after callbacks occur, and what callbacks
  can occur.

- if a tcp_close returns an out of memory error (the only
  error that can occur, according to the documentation),
  what conditions can I rely on to trigger a retry?
  Will there be a callback that will indicate that I
  should try again, and if so, which?

- Are there any callbacks that can occur after a udp close?

Tim N.