lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Etharp drops packets for unlisted arp entries

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Etharp drops packets for unlisted arp entries
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:18:02 +0200

Hello Tom,

Tom C. Barker wrote:

My dns queries get dropped if the address is not in the arp table.

   /* { packet was queued (ERR_OK), or discarded } */

Does the stack allow any knowledge that this has happened?
The code in CVS does, 0.7.x does not and will not as we will not break the API
within the stable (0.7) branch.

(We return always with a NULL.)

That's 0.7.x etharp_output() I assume.
This has changed for the better in CVS HEAD, which has a change in API:

err_t
etharp_output(struct netif *netif, struct ip_addr *ipaddr, struct pbuf *q)
{

   /* queue on destination Ethernet address belonging to ipaddr */
   return etharp_query(netif, ipaddr, q);
 }

Regards,

Leon.