lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] multiple network interfaces

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] multiple network interfaces
Date: 09 Jun 2004 11:55:47 +0100

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 00:49, Jim Gibbons wrote:

> Again, I may be missing something in the code.  I hope I am.  Are my
> concerns about multiple netif's groundless, or is there really
> something to be worried about?

At the moment, lwip does not have support for multiple gateways, but
adding this would not be too difficult.  A particular netif will only be
used if the destination is on the same subnet.  If no match is found,
the default netif (and its gateway) is used.

Providing a function (e.g. netif_add_route()) to specify a particular
netif/gateway combination be used for particular destinations would add
a little complexity, but would not be too hard.

If you feel like giving it a go, I'd be happy to look at any code or
patches you can provide and see about merging the changes into lwIP.  If
you would rather some one else did it, I may be able to find the time to
do something along these lines, but no guarantees about when!

Kieran