lwip-users

[lwip-users] timing out a stale connection

From: Jim Gibbons
Subject: [lwip-users] timing out a stale connection
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:53:39 -0700

One of our LWIP connections is a TCP port that is used by an external agent to send commands to our system.  We use the netconn_* api.  The operations that we perform in response to the commands can take seconds, so we really don't want to do them in the tcpip task.

The problem that we are having is that there doesn't seem to be any way to timeout a stale connection.  We would like to be able to break out of netcon_recv call if no packet comes in for a long time.

I can get pretty close to a solution using a sys_timeout.  That would allow us to close the connection, but it wouldn't get us out of the sys_mbox_fetch loop.

Anyone have any ideas?
--
E-mail signature
Jim Gibbons