lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 13

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: lwip-users Digest, Vol 8, Issue 13
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:57:46 -0400

OK, I am a bit confused.

I barley understand what it means to be / not be multithreaded safe, but the
gist of it is clear.

Now, the lwip tcpip stuff isn't always executing right? Only when something
arrives, or you want to send something. I don't have a specific task for
looping lwip code (that I know of...)

What is the problem with using the OS to fire the timers, each in a separate
task? This way, I don't have to worry about anything and I know the OS will
handle calling the timer routines exactly when they need to be called.

I would love to understand this further.

Also, I did fix the netif_add problem. Ended up being an interrupt problem
with the cs8900 requesting an interrupt after it went through init. (I
didn't think interrupts were enabled. I was wrong :)

Next problem, in order to get a dhcp packet sent is to figure out why the
cs8900 isnt ready to have the frame data handed to it. I have some custom
udp/ip stack stuff I did in assembly for the same micro and the same basic
concepts are followed. Naturally, it works there and I cant duplicate it in
C with ucos-ii and lwip... yet.

Thanks for the help,

--Eric