lwip-users

[lwip-users] uIP: inconsistent docs and implementation quirks

From: Henning Riedel
Subject: [lwip-users] uIP: inconsistent docs and implementation quirks
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:39 +0200

Well, I'm trying to port uIP to 68332 as interim platform, until 68HC12 hardware is here. I have an SMC91C111 eth module hooked.

I get a little pissed by the infos provided, which seem somehow inconsistent.

You write in your samples for device drivers, to take the header infos from uip_buf and the paylod from uip_appdata, but somehow it doesn't work quite as it should.

You define IP and TCP headers to be 20 bytes each, but when I sniff, some packets have e.g. 24 bytes TCP header. Though, there come up questions as, when does a driver needs to take data from uip_buf and when from uip_appdata? If the header is 24 bytes, will the options then be in uip_buf or uip_appdata, as you say, application can put uip_appdata somewhere else.