lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RFC: ARP Queueing

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RFC: ARP Queueing
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:18:12 +0200

Hello Paul,

Paul wrote:
Hi Leon,

I think that you are overestimating my understanding of ARP_QUEUEING.

OK, can you test the latest CVS sources instead? :-)

seems to have arisen in lwip 0.7. Are there any plans to document or rename the

udp_new()
udp_bind()
udp_connect()
udp_disconnect()
udp_recv()

interface (and the tcp equiv) API?

The documentation should be in the code (above the function names). Or did we miss something?

Can you put the UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED patch
( I cant find a reference to it at the moment but it went along the lines of
(pcb->flags & UDP_FLAGS_CONNECTED ? (remote_port == src):1) )
in udp_input into the stable lwip. This allows a udp port to receive a connection
from any remote port until it has been connected to a fixed port.

From what I know, a PCB with remote address IP_ADDR_ANY (0.0.0.0) and remote port 0 (zero) should do just that.

Regards,

Leon.