lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] igmp status? versions?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] igmp status? versions?
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:59:01 +0200

Hello Jim,

Jim Gibbons wrote:
There is an open bug on IGMP integration, with a note indicating that the code contributed by Steve Reynolds would be used. Does anyone know the status of this?

I am unfamiliar with typical practices in the use of IGMP. Will v2 only be good enough? That is, will it be OK to exclude v1 and v3?

Yes and no. I was planning on integrating Steve's implementation, then
refactor the code so that v3 support can be added.

v2 allows to join multicast groups (defined by their destination address)

v3 additionally allows to join source-specific multicasting (based
on source and destination).

I think v3 adds positive and negative filtering, which is the most
intrusive change.

Because we are not planning to use IGMP anytime soon, the status on Savannah is obsolote on this issue; I do not have the time to start work on this.

Regards,

Leon.