lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] multi-threaded environment
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:19:10 -0800

Shuji, Leon and Chris Jones,

Thanks for your help. Turns out that semaphore_wait
was not working properly in my sys_arch and for some
reason it must return ~0 if there was no signal or
nothing in the queue (not a source of further exploration).
Though, it did not help that I work in a continuously running
environment (interrupts keep running when I break point).

To answer my own question on which task gets the dhcp
timers, the tcpip thread is a fine choice.

ala David Haas, I have a transmit cleanup routine running
in its own thread which when given a higher priority than
the tcpip thread, http, ftp, smtp, etc, all just whiz by now!

Additionally, Leon, MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT is set to 3. Could that
become dependent on LWIP_DHCP and let it get two more if dhcp
is used?

Thanks again for your help,
Tom Barker