lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP question...

From: Ed Sutter
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP question...
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:52:55 -0500

Leon,
I've been using the DHCP client and it has been
working well.  Today I tried to use it with a
small (admittedly limited) DHCP server that I wrote
and the transaction didn't complete.

I tracked it down to the fact that my server was not
including the SERVER_IDENTIFIER option (54) in the offer,
so dhcp_handle_offer() didn't call dhcp_select().
Anyway, that made me question something about DHCP (in
general) that I guess I don't understand....

What's the difference between option 54 "Server Identifier"
and the "siaddr" field of the basic DHCP structure?

Ed