lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] hi - compiling lwip questions...

From: Kaos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] hi - compiling lwip questions...
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:28:23 +0100

Hi Eric,

Take a look in the contrib module. There you can see what files are needed and how to use them. I'm not sure if the contrib module is available under the files section on savannah, if you don't check out using cvs. You can find them at leon's site:
http://www.esrac.ele.tue.nl/~leon/lwip/

//K

Eric Shufro wrote:
I am new to lwip and have many questions. I have read most of the documentation, but the puzzle is still a bit unclear.

For starters, after downloading the distribution from Savanna, what other files are necessary?

I found a port of lwip for UCOS-II which I currently have running well on a Motorola hcs12 microcontroller.

The port contained lib.c, sys_arch.c cc.h, perf.h and sys_arch.h.

I found cpu.h, debug.h, and lwipopts.h by searching the web (after getting compiler errors that they were missing)

I am unsure what lwip files I need to actually include into my project. Do I just use the files in the API directory? I read the docs and noticed a description of how to send and receive using different api’s, but some of these functions are in tcp.c – do make calls to the functions in this file?

Its quite unclear at this point.

Additionally, when I try to compile sockets.c, I get all kinds of errors like ; missing and typdef name expected, type specifier mismatch, missing ) etc.. in ip_addr.h in this area…

PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN

struct ip_addr {

  PACK_STRUCT_FIELD(u32_t addr);

} PACK_STRUCT_STRUCT;

PACK_STRUCT_END

#ifdef PACK_STRUCT_USE_INCLUDES

#  include "arch/epstruct.h"

#endif

/* For compatibility with BSD code */

struct in_addr {

  u32_t s_addr;

};

I don’t see anything obviously wrong, but I am new to this and don’t really understand the pieces fully.

Thanks for the help,

--eric shufro