lwip-users

[lwip-users] hi - compiling lwip questions...

From: Eric Shufro
Subject: [lwip-users] hi - compiling lwip questions...
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:27:42 -0500

I am new to lwip and have many questions. I have read most of the documentation, but the puzzle is still a bit unclear.

For starters, after downloading the distribution from Savanna, what other files are necessary?

I found a port of lwip for UCOS-II which I currently have running well on a Motorola hcs12 microcontroller.

The port contained lib.c, sys_arch.c cc.h, perf.h and sys_arch.h.

I found cpu.h, debug.h, and lwipopts.h by searching the web (after getting compiler errors that they were missing)

I am unsure what lwip files I need to actually include into my project. Do I just use the files in the API directory? I read the docs and noticed a description of how to send and receive using different api’s, but some of these functions are in tcp.c – do make calls to the functions in this file?

Its quite unclear at this point.

Additionally, when I try to compile sockets.c, I get all kinds of errors like ; missing and typdef name expected, type specifier mismatch, missing ) etc.. in ip_addr.h in this area…

PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN

struct ip_addr {

  PACK_STRUCT_FIELD(u32_t addr);

} PACK_STRUCT_STRUCT;

PACK_STRUCT_END

#ifdef PACK_STRUCT_USE_INCLUDES

#  include "arch/epstruct.h"

#endif

/* For compatibility with BSD code */

struct in_addr {

  u32_t s_addr;

};

I don’t see anything obviously wrong, but I am new to this and don’t really understand the pieces fully.

Thanks for the help,

--eric shufro