lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sys_timeout handler will not be called

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sys_timeout handler will not be called
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:23:23 +0200

> I'm gussing that a timeout handler (or some functions called from a
> timeout handler) call sys_sem_wait() again (removed from timeouts

sys_sem_wait conditionally calls memp_free which in turn calls
sys_sem_wait....
I did some tests on ecos today and until I made sys_timeout use
statically allocated timeouts (so not calling memp) it crashed when
using lots of timers which fired very quickly.

I propose changing sys_timeout to work with timeout structures
preallocated by the user both for performance and correctness.

The usual case is that you know how many timers you have in a system so
you can preallocate these.

I'll look at this issue myself next week.