lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SOCK_RAW?

From: Ed Sutter
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SOCK_RAW?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:28:10 -0500

Thanks for responding.
Just a little bit more information...
To make sure that I didn't just have a bug in the code, I
tried changing the socket() call from...
   socket(AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,IP_PROTO_ICMP);
to...
   socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0);

Then I just reran the code with etherpeek running and a packet
was transmitted.  It was junk obviously but it was transmitted.
In the SOCK_RAW case, the lwip_sendto() call always hangs and
I traced it to the point shown in the below stack trace dump.

trace PingThread
   0x000317a0: OS_Sched()
   0x00036358: OSQPend()
   0x0006a4c0: sys_arch_mbox_fetch()
   0x0004db08: sys_mbox_fetch()
   0x00062914: netconn_connect()
   0x00066e18: lwip_sendto()
   0x00071e58: ping()
   0x00071f40: taskPing()

Note that this is a uCOS-ii port that I've been using for quite
some time now.  Just recently upgraded to 0.7.0 (and pulled in the
ARP patch), and everything else I have (that doesn't use SOCK_RAW)
appears to be working well.
Ed