lwip-users

[lwip-users] does simhost need /dev/net/tun on Linux ?

From: j k
Subject: [lwip-users] does simhost need /dev/net/tun on Linux ?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:09:09 +0200

I am a new user of lwip, so forgive.....

I just try to understand how the unixsim demo program is setup (simhost), more precisely, in which case the tapif module is used/needed; it looks like lot's of things go thru the ppp connection.

Can I eliminate completely the usage of tapif (and the need of the tun module) in simhost in order to still use it as a kind of "simulated local-network" connected via the forked ppp (or maybe slip) ?; this would be useful on unixes not providing tun/tap but having ppp or slip.