lwip-users

[lwip-users] getting started with lwIP

From: John Taylor
Subject: [lwip-users] getting started with lwIP
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:47:05 -0800 (PST)

I apologize if this gets doubled posted - by it seems
my post is getting filtered/dropped (intentionally or
accidently).

I am trying to port lwIP to run on two Hitachi H8s
eval boards (edosk2674 and esp-hbdb01) using the open
source RTOS XMK.  I have several questions before I
can get started.

1) What is the latest and/or stable release of lwIP
and how do I get it? I can not tell from browsing the
CVS server what to tag to use.

2) When getting a "version" of lwIP out of CVS, how do
I match-up/coordinate the versions of the lwip,
contrib, and lwiphtml modules?  Browsing the CVS
server, I noticed that there did not appear to a
single tag that "worked" for all modules.  Caveat: I
am not a CVS user, so it may just be pilot error.

3) What is good example for implementing the 'netif'
interface for my target boards?  Going through the
code, the example/skeleton file for netif has comments
about not being in sync with the latest version of
etherap.c

4) Should I want for next stable release?  There is
not a rush for port and if there is pending interface
changes, with respect to platform dependent portions,
I rather wait a few months then go through the porting
exercise twice.

TIA
-john

John T. Taylor