lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP issues....problem found; how do I solve it?

From: Tom C. Barker
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP issues....problem found; how do I solve it?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:09:28 -0800

The issue of malformed packets is that on the Coldfire5282,
the transmit buffer must be 4-byte aligned.

I confirmed the proper working of DHCP by creating a 4-byte
aligned buffer and then doing a memcpy every time (ugh!) in
low_level_output: this idea fails in many areas but proves that
DHCP is working just fine.

How do I align _any_ packet so that after the TCP/UDP and IP
headers are tacked on, I end up with a 4-byte aligned buffer?

Anybody got an idea (shy of a total rewrite)? Hopefully I have
overlooked something....

Thanks,
Tom