lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: CRN 12554 : Problems debugging HDI

From: n . aramayo
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: CRN 12554 : Problems debugging HDI
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:18:54 +0200

Hello People,

I have just started using lwip library.
I am currently working with hs82357 micro and cs8900a ethernet chip,
I have the cs8900a device driver written but I am having problems to debug
the project.
It  may be something related to segment initialization as I can not start
executing the main function.
Has anybody an idea of what can be happening to me?

Thanks
Natalia
---------------------- Remitido por Natalia Aramayo/TESANET con fecha
24/09/2003 12:15 ---------------------------

Natalia Aramayo
24/09/2003 12:14

Destinatarios:    address@hidden
CC:
Asunto:     Re: CRN 12554 : Problems debugging HDI  (Document link: Natalia
       Aramayo)

Dear Dani,

I hope this could help to explain better what is happeing.
It is a simple code that does nothing. I have been adding lwip (TCP/IP
library)source files one by one,
compiling and debuffin.Those files are ansii c source code and headers.
Everything was working fine until
I added pbuf.c, and stats.c.

The problem:
      So in this case, when debugging it starts executing cstartup.s37 and
goes until   jsr @seg_init
so then if you press F7 it goes crazy. But if you press F8 it goes fine
until:                  jsr @clear64
and after that goes crazy.

      I presume it could be something related to Segment initialisation: if
low_level_init() is changed to return 0 instead of 1 (IGNORE_SEGMENT_INIT)
when debugging I can reach the main function but it fails later when I try
to call the function cs8900_iniVariables();

      What I did as well is exclude pbuf.c, and stats.c. and comment out
all pbuf_   functions called in other files,
and in that case everything is fine.

The code of the example including the problem explained above is added
here:

(See attached file: prueba.ZIP)

Thanks for your attention, please answer me as soon as possible and do not
doubt in asking for more information if required.
Regards,

Natalia Aramayo
R&D
Tesa
Irun, SPAIN

"Renesas tools support" <address@hidden> con fecha 24/09/2003
10:01:08

Por favor, responda a address@hidden

Destinatarios:    address@hidden
CC:
Asunto:     CRN 12554 : Problems debugging HDI

Dear Natalia

Thank you for your email.

Would it be possible for you to send your zipped project or an example
project that exhibits this behaviour for us to take a look at in more
detail?

Thanks very much

Dani Brocklesby
Product Support Engineer
Renesas Tools Support

address@hidden wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Long time ago I contacted to Dan Catchpole who helped me to solve a
problem
> related to using data structures over 64ks in size
> so that I had to use Hugh memory model. He explained me the way to
> recompile heap.r37 using xlib and everything went fine.
>
> I am now working in a similar project but including TCP/IP functionality.
> So I am trying to use the free TCP/IP library lwIP from Adam Dunkels.
> I have downloaded the source code from the web I have to do few changes
> get it well compiled.
>
> Everything seems to be fine but when trying to debug I find out that I
can
> not reach the main function:
>
>       It starts executing normally until the following line
>       ;--------------------------------------------------------------;
>       ; If it is not a requirement that static/global data is set    ;
>       ; to zero or to some explicit value at startup, the symbol     ;
>       ; IGNORE_SEG_INIT should be defined.                           ;
>       ;--------------------------------------------------------------;
>
>       #ifndef IGNORE_SEG_INIT
>             jsr   @seg_init
>       #endif  /* IGNORE_SEG_INIT */
>             no_seg_init:
>
>       ;--------------------------------------------------------------;
>       ; Call C main() with no parameters.                            ;
>       ;--------------------------------------------------------------;
>             jsr   @main
>
>       But instead of jump to main function it goes to the following lines
at it stays there executing in a loop.

>       #ifdef H8_LARGE
>       ;---------------------------------------------------------------;
>       ; Clear a chunk of memory using 32 bits pointers.           ;
>       ;---------------------------------------------------------------;
>       clear:
>             mov.b #0,r2l
>       cl_loop:
>             cmp.l er0,er1
>             beq   cl64_done
>             mov.b r2l,@-er1
>             bra   cl_loop
>       #endif /* H8_LARGE */
>
>       #endif  /* IGNORE_SEG_INIT */
>
>             ;ENDMOD     startup
>             ENDMOD central
>
>       Trying to avoid this I define IGNORE_SEG_INIT above in
cstartup.s37. This seems to solve the problem,
> but later on  it gives me messages Access Error when trying to initialise
a variable, for example when trying to assign a value to a register.
> So I presume it is not a good way to solve the problem.
>
>       The Compiler/Linker/Assembler options are the same than the project
> without including TCP/IP source files.
>
>       I have tried to include just one module from the library, implement
> function that does nothing and it happens the same, I can not call
> any single function from the library.
>
>       I include here cstartup code and segment definition
>       (See attached file: cstartup.s37)(See attached file:
centralunit.seg)
>       I am using HEW2(IAR),  version 2.2 release 15.
> Please answer me as soon as possible, if you have just an idea of what is
> happening. And do not doubt in asking more information if required.
> kind regards
>
> Natalia Aramayo
> Electronic engineer
> R&D
> TESA
> Irun, SPAIN
>
> ADVERTENCIA/WARNING
>
> ESTE CORREO ELECTRONICO CONTIENE INFORMACION PRIVADA Y
> ESTRICTAMENTE CONFIDENCIAL. Si usted no es el destinatario del
> presente mensaje no esta autorizado a leerlo, retenerlo, copiarlo o
> difundirlo. Ni esta empresa ni el remitente asume ninguna responsabilidad
> referente a la posible transmision de virus y es responsabilidad del
> receptor realizar un escaneo del mensaje y de sus anexos (si los hubiera)
..

> THIS E-MAIL IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND CONTAINS PRIVATE
> INFORMATION. Any reading, retention, distribution or copying of this
> communication by any person other than its intended recipient is
> prohibited. Neither this company nor the sender accepts any
responsibility
> for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and
attachments
> (if any) .

>                    Name: cstartup.s37
>    cstartup.s37    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: base64
>
>                       Name: centralunit.seg
>    centralunit.seg    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                   Encoding: base64

Email Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.

Email messages are not necessarily secure.  Renesas Technology Europe does
not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was
sent.  Please note that Renesas Technology Europe checks outgoing email
messages for the presence of computer viruses.