lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] upgrade to 0.6.2

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] upgrade to 0.6.2
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 15:10:30 -0400

Hi Ed,

Ed Sutter wrote:

In sys_arch.c... sys_arch_mbox_fetch() and sys_arch_sem_wait() have a slightly
 different return values than in previous releases.
In ethernetif.c...
 make sure that netif->hwaddr_len is initialized to 6
In sys_arch.txt...
 just read this and follow the instructions.
This sounds about right.

In my system I have three TCP servers and two UDP servers and with the
older version of LWIP I had no known problems.  With the latest version
integrated into my system, I now notice that quite frequently when my
TCP server is blocked on lwip_recv() it does not consistently detect the
fact that the other end (the client) has closed the connection.
I had been assuming that a return value of <= 0 from lwip_recv() was
a reasonable indication that the other end had closed the connection.
Is this wrong, or can anyone think of anything else that I need to do
to transition to 0.6.2?
This should be the way it works. I'm not quite sure why it would'nt work. I'm using a version very similar to 0.6.2, since I stopped upgrading about then and it has been very very stable. I am also using several TCP and UDP servers. I have not seen a problem with hanging connections (although I had seen some issues before 0.6.2).

Just for the heck of it, I just checked the thread priorities in my code and some of my servers are running at higher priorities than TCP thread and some are running at lower priorities. I actually have'nt tuned my system very well yet. But at any rate, priorities did not seem to make a difference for me.

Take a look at the PCB and see what the state is.

David