lwip-users

[lwip-users] Need some explanations of the magic of ethernet card

From: Kelly Chan
Subject: [lwip-users] Need some explanations of the magic of ethernet card
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:10:29 -0600

I have run lwip testing successfully on win32. I am just puzzled with the
following:

My LINSYS ethernet card ip is configured with 192.168.1.100 but I run Lwip
on LINSYS ethernet card with ip configured as 192.168.1.150. Then I type
ipconfig on the DOS prompt and it shows the ip 192.168.1.100. I just
wondering can a ethernet card configured with two or multiple ip
addresses??? Following the instruction in the site
http://www.psky.com/lwip/lwip_32_a.htm, I go to my browser, and type
http://192.192.192.150, the lwIP web page should pop up. What is the magic
here??? Can anyone draw sequence diagram to explain this magic?

????

Kelly