lwip-users

[lwip-users] Performance Tuning?

From: David Ryan
Subject: [lwip-users] Performance Tuning?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:25:24 +1000

Hi All..

Another question.. I thought I'd keep it seperate from the last post as its on a rather different subject. Users of our implementation(based on lwip 0.5.3) have been complaining that the performance they get from the stack is around 150kb/sec - 350kb/sec using a 100mbit ethernet adapter. This seems to be way below the theoretical maximum and below the 1.5mb/sec people are getting using ps2linux on the same hardware.

I realise that performance can be effected by many things, however I'd like to know if there is any documentation or experience from people on how best to tune lwipopts.h for better performance when dealing with streaming data. Obviously some values relate to each other. The question is which values relate to each other and how.. and how should they be managed to get the best performance.

Thanks,
David.