lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP crashes with memp_sanity

From: Konrad, Guido
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP crashes with memp_sanity
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:35:17 +0200

Hi all,

I have ported lwip 0.5.3 to PowerPC (MPC8245) with Intel 82559 and uC/OS II.

I thought that all stuff works fine but after a few day of permanent usage,
the
stack crashes with "Assertion "memp_sanity: c < 0" failed at line 144 in
lwip/src/core/memp.c"

Giving out the memory statistic (during runtime, before crash) will result
in the following:

MEMP
                    Avail   Used    Max    Err
MEMP_NUM_PBUF:            16 0 0 0
MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB:          8 1 1 0
MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB:          8 0 8 2796
MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN:   8 3 3 0
MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG:         16 0 2 0
MEMP_NUM_NETBUF:          40 0 1 0
MEMP_NUM_NETCONN:         40 4 5 0
MEMP_NUM_API_MSG:         40 0 4 0
MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG:       60 0 7 0
MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT:     40 2 2 0

MEM
Avail   Used    Max    Err
50176   593     1745   0

It seems to me that the TCP_PCB blocks are not freed regularily. Freeing is
than
forced in tcp_alloc. Can this cause a problem? (Perhaps because an other
thread is
still accessing the memory?)
I use a multithreaded stack. Therefore I replaced all memp_alloc and
memp_free by
its protected variants memp_allocp and memp_freep. But this did not help.

I really appreciate your help. What can I do to solve this problem?

-- Guido Konrad