lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Finally here..

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Finally here..
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:27:48 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, David Ryan wrote:
> Anyway.. They are just some ideas.  I'd be interested to know your and other
> people on the lists thoughts.

Yes, they are good ideas, certainly from the perspective of the users of
lwIP.  From a developers point of view, we just keep rolling along adding
bug fixes and features that we need or others request.  We're not quite so
organised as to plan what will be in the next release.  If we were to do
that one disadvantage is that things could take longer to make it into
lwIP as we would have to wait for them to be scheduled for the next
release.

Currently Leon generally decides when to make a branch, and this seems to
be when the development reaches a natural breaking point.  It's then left
up to the user whether they track the bleeding edge in CVS or wait for
each of these point releases (which are likely to be at least coherent).
The example I think it is most similar to is Debian's "unstable" and
"testing", but we never get round to making something equivalent to
Debian's "stable".

Kieran