lwip-users

[lwip-users] udp

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] udp
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:06:44 -0500

Hi all,

I am using UDP for the first time with lwip and I am running into a few issues.

Numero Uno: The sockets interface for TCP copies data when you call send() into the socket and the application can safely dispose of the buffer afterwards. However for UDP, the sockets interface passes the data through without copying it. I do believe that UDP should not default to this kind of operation. After all, how do you know when you can free the application buffer? Especially if your packet winds up on the ARP queue.

Would anyone have any objection if I "fix" this for the sockets interface to copy the data into a UDP socket when sendto() is called?

David.